Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Malibu Nights

Last night was one of those chill family nights you know you'll remember for a long time.

After mom got off work at 5 she picked us up and we rushed to Zuma Beach in Malibu for a photo shoot. It was perfect conditions, not too cold, golden hour, and the family of 4 I was photographing was dressed to a T. The shoot went great and ended just after the sun went below the ocean and as we all were getting a little chilly.

We hopped in the swagger wagon and drove down the PCH to the World Famous Malibu Inn. After warming up and filling our bellies we heard live music coming from the next room. Z and I headed over to check it out and we found 3 old "vets" jammin' out to an almost empty room. Zoe's face instantly lit up, she pointed to the guitar and said "Dada? Guitar?" I told her she was correct and that this guitar player was a helluva lot better than daddy. She smiled, asked to get down; "Down Dada" and she started dancing.

The girl danced for like 30 minutes straight! We let her stay up past her bedtime to do so! And I think it made the musicians' night, since there was no one there. :) It was a beautiful moment.

Cheers!
-marc

No comments:

Post a Comment