What do you think about this? Some of my friends didn't even know it was going on. Which I understand, I don't think many mainstream news organizations have the balls to report it like Lawrence O'donnel did.
It brings tears to my eyes that there is nothing . . . NOTHING one can do about this. Sure, I'll blog about it, I'll IM my friends and say "hey, did you know this injustice was going on?", even politicians can't do anything about it.
Sometimes I think our world has gone so far backward it's impossible to turn it back again. Or was it ever "right"?
What would John Lennon think of this?
Peaceful protestors on the streets of America being beaten for holding a video camera, being pepper sprayed because they have an opinion, and being arrested for expressing their views! This is crazy people!
There was an Occupy LA protest the other day at Crescent Heights and Santa Monica Blvd, for the same reasons the protests were happening in NY - I thought about going. I thought about bringing the girls and showing them how many people can come together for one goal. But then I thought - what if I get randomly arrested? What if something happens to me or my girls? Sad ... but true! I'm silenced by fear. Which, I hate to admit, but fear for the sake of my children's safety is a fear I'll commit to.
Sad, sad times in America. What to do but keep your head up, keep doing the right thing, and teach our future how to be better.
Cheers,
-marc
No comments:
Post a Comment