Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Ragged Edge of Silence



If you have 25 minutes to spare, (even if you don't) check out this beautiful video. I admire this man, for taking a 17 year vow of silence and keeping with it! During that time he picked up a paint brush, a citar, and made changes in his world.


I consider myself a "Hot & Sweaty Man" just like his father did him. I'll do something, until I get "hot and sweaty" and then do something else. His silence helped him focus on what was important, and to stick with one objective for long than a few minutes. While I don't plan on going silent anytime soon (as much as I would love to!) I would love to find some way to focus better.

He says towards the end of the video:
"Where was I? I was in this place again, where I was 1 with everything; the planet, myself, grass, with the people, with the deer, and the little critters, all our relations... This is what is going to change the planet, as we understand that we are all the environment and that how we treat each other is really how we treat the environment and how that manifests in the physical world. It's easy to say that if we treated each other with love and respect that's how the environment would be treated. Sustainability is in our relationships with ourselves and each other and I believe sustainability is something that we're going to get to through appreciation of being silent and being at peace with each other."

What are you doing today to make the world a better place?

Cheers,
-marc


1 day & 3 hours left to get in on this deal! 

1 comment: