Thursday, September 01, 2011

Day 1!

Ha! The question on the interwebs today was "How's Day 1?" Someone asked me at like, 8:30! "How's it goin' so far?" "Um...great, just got back in the door from droppin' Stacey off! No hospital visits or melt downs yet!"

We chilled this morning while I tried to keep Z away from the electrician, I attempted to check my e-mail, and we even got to Gmail Video Chat with the Grandparents! Always fun stuff. Then we went to see mom at work and have lunch, cuz, yeah - we miss her.


So as the day kinda winds down, Stace gets off work in less than an hour, I'd call it a success. Z is still sleeping, I just woke up and I have a few seconds to punch out this blog. As Stacey was ordering our food I took a table from a business man who was just a little bit older than me. He offered me the shady table for what I call our Limo Stroller and we started talking. He had a 9 week old at home, and wished he could stay at home with his wife and child. We somehow got around to it being the first day (DAY ONE!!!!) of my time staying home w/ two and he applauded my bravery, I gave him a business card (booyah) and he went on his way. Verrrry interesting.


Stacey is such a trooper. I don't know a stronger, more beautiful and motherly woman than her. You'll hear me brag 100x on this woman, because even through teary eyes she can see the benefits of being away from her babies for a few hours a day. We are a team, doing the best we can even though it's not always easy, we'll always be together pushing forward.

Cheers,
-marc

No comments:

Post a Comment