The Blackwells spotted Zoe's first rainbow today! It's been a crazy couple of days in Los Angeles with Missouri like weather. It will rain, stop, then the sun will come out, and THEN it starts all over. It's good though. LA needs a good wash every once in a while.
Zoe and I are entering the middle of our 3rd week together at home alone during the day while mom works and ... can I tell ya? My back is soorrreeeee. I'm one tired pops. I know I've told you all before how nice it is to have Stacey around. She's such a good mom, scoopin' up Zoe-Toes and giving her that motherly affection anytime she needs it. And while I can certainly scoop up Zoe, (hence the sore back) I'm not convinced yet that I can give her as special as affection or attention as mom. Every time Stacey comes home from work, Zoe lights up. Her broad smile can take away all the stress from earlier in the day. She loves her mom! But this bearded face and deep voice just aint the same as her beautiful, smooth skinned, soft voiced mother.
So my question to you, blogging community (and know there are like 45 of you who read this ... so I'm talkin' to you!) What do YOU think I need to do to ensure Zoe's steady growth and development? We read together, have tummy time, she watches Baby Einstein videos, excersies and listens to NPR. She takes plenty of naps and eats like a champ...but what else can I be doing to make sure Zoe is smart, healthy and well loved? Leave your comments below and let me know! I can't wait to see your advice.
It's time to go scoop up my baby girl, then go scoop up my other baby girl at work. I think she has an IKEA trip planned for the night. I'm just excited for my marinating steak in the fridge! :)
Peace,
-marc

I found your blog long ago looking for photos from Missouri and yours popped up and I have been hooked ever since! Being a girl from a small town by the Lake it is nice to find people from back home who are enjoying life in other places but love where they came from!
ReplyDeleteThat all being said....I have been a professional nanny for many years in NJ and as far as I can tell Miss Zoe has everything she needs to be a happy, smart loving little girl....keep it up and you will be amazed at what the simple things in life can teach a small child!
Much love and hugs from NJ!
Rainbows and butterflies is the motto of the day!
Marc:
ReplyDeleteYou knew I'd blog. I don't normally, but I'm hooked on reading yours. You're doing everything right. Stacey and Zoe will always be close, cause they were for 9 months two heart beats inside one, but you my lad are a wonderful father and just keep doing what you're doing, the tide will turn around in a few months, and hopefully Stacey has a heart like yours and won't be jealous of how Zoe will be looking to you for all that you mentioned above that Stacey has with her now. My granddaughter is just as close now to her Mom as her Dad cause they are equal caregivers, in the same sense as you and Stacey work it, so don't worry, Zoe will soon be calling you Mama...lol My grandbaby gets just as excited now to see her Daddy at the door as she is to see her Mommy. Stay the course and give her your 110% and Zoe will turn out just fine. You are a wonderful Daddy, if Zoe could talk right now, she'd tell ya that. Love, Karen
you are indeed amazing my dear... ZOe is blessed to have you, and dont fool your readers.. she LOVES you and lights up when you are around as well... someday she will be daddy's little girl and you will have her wrapped around your finger, (thats when I will teach her to ask for anything she wants ;)no doubt there, and that makes me smile.
ReplyDeletei love you. thank you for being an amazing hubby and daddy! we are so very blessed.