Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Family Man

As a family man, I had a revelation today.  I need to take care of my family.  Don't get me wrong, I haven't been lacking on this ideal in the past ... but I can always be better.  I need to really take care of my family.  Just like my mother took care of our family; emotionally, physically, and on every single level.

Raising a human is a crazy experience because they are so dependant.  They rely on you for EVERYTHING.  Just like Zoe needs enough food, sleep, love and attention - so does Stacey. 

And that is my responsibility as a husband, a father, and a man to make sure they are taken care of on every level.  It's something I can be better at, with Stacey especially.  She's the best mother I know, and right now she is working for our family.  I could make sure she has lunch prepared, and I can always tell her more how beautiful she is.  I gotta step up and provide in other areas like making sure she's getting enough sleep and has security. 

I'm always learning.  This is just one thing that hit me today in the car. 

Thought I would share.

What can you be better at?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous18:41

    One thing, I have several things, Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Mother-In-Law,sister, and most important Christian and sister in Christ, You are doing an awsome job, I am so proud of you for all your effort of taking care of your family. Keep on Keeeping on!!!
    Love ya,
    Kandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous06:54

    I agree with Kandi, Marc you are doing an awesome job, just realizing that you want to step it up a notch, is most of the battle, the action part you will find is the easiest, cause it's for those you love. But just remember it's a two way street and Stacey will want to be there for you too, and you will definately need her, cause Mr. Mom is a full undertaking in itself, and later when you get to my age, Zoe will be there for both of you. Making your family's theme song "Lean on Me" wouldn't be a bad thing :0) Patterning yourself after your Mom is awesome, I don't know of any better mentor than her that you could ever have! Keep growing, that's what parenting is all about for both Zoe and her parents. God Bless, Karen

    ReplyDelete