We're watching Michael Jackson's "This Is It" for the second time today and I'm feeling inspired to write. This guy, MJ, was a genius. And watching this film reminds me of when I was on tour with High School Musical. More on Mike in a second.
Kenny Ortega, the mastermind behind HSM and MJ's This Is It, is someone I've worked for and highly respect. Travis Payne, the choreographer and Chucky Klapow, a dancer on tour, have all inspired me to creative ends unkown. Watching this doc has made me reflect on what it was like to have a family such as the concert experience family. Love abounds in such situations. Kenny was the man in charge of HSM and I quietly admired his genius. Watching him on film reminds me of the time my camera was working over time and I felt the euphoria of having beautiful and magical moments happen right before my lens. I was capturing a special moment in time, and I wish I could've photographed This Is It.
Michael is like another Hunter, or Dave to me. The more I surround myself with the greats, such as my friends, Keegan O'Keefe, Michael Brown, Stacey Blackwell, Anton P, and Lucas G. We are inspired by love and music and real creativeness. Here's to art, and music, and love and beauty.
:)
-m
No comments:
Post a Comment