...and it's the bottom of the 9th inning, Mets up to bat, 3 - 2, 2 people on 1st and 2nd. So...it's pretty intense in the apartment.
Life in California has been an interesting one lately. Another week flew by with work consuming most of my time. And "how is work?" such a common question - so here's the common answer. It's fine. I'm learning a lot, growing as a person, and advancing as a photographer. Every day I get something new, I become more defined in the business, I figure some technical thing out. It's great. Challenging as well, on many levels but that's like I've said before, a welcomed goodness. That's what I need right now.
I'm still single. Still likin' it. Notice I didn't say "lovin" it. But this Independence, this freedom, this inner dialogue that entertains me on a moment to moment basis is, well, very entertaining. Music has become essential. Surrounded by strangers at a Hollywood bar is comfortable as long as there's some decent music going. Any genre, but no country please, and I'll be lost in the notes, voices, chords, rhythm, story - everything surrounding the sound. Music is key.
My photography . . . ah ... my photography. I feel almost selfish sometimes because I'm so connected t my ... my self right now it's hard to make time to focus on anything else. What can I do to be this now instead of later? How can I hurry up and speed through this, learn that, and become what I want sooner. How does this help me? How can this aid my advancement in the world? But honestly, however you read that I think it's in a good way. I'm not harming anyone else, I'm still kind to everyone and love my friends . . . eh . . . as I'm trying to justify it I realize there is no justifying being selfish. I am working hard to become what I want to be, I am thinking about myself a lot and how I can be this amazing photographer that I dream of being. I know that I'm not who I want to be right now and I feel like I've been given a little amount of time to be selfish and figure things out, and then start giving back in ways I can't even imagine because of who I have become. Does that make sense? Any sense at all? Long sentence, I know.
Every single day I feel like I introduce myself to myself for the first time.
"Hey Marc, I'm Marc."
"Hey Marc, didn't I meet you yesterday?"
"I think so, but I'm completely different now."
"Ah, crazy . . . me too!"
By the way ... the Cards won and are going to the World Series. My night is complete.
peace,
-marc
aaaaahhhhhhh the good old Cardinals win again!
ReplyDeleteThats Awesome!
I see youv'e been quite busy, and theres nothing wrong with that my friend i would rather be busy then doing nothing at all!
Youv'e got such a great life i must say!
I've go to admit single is good!
You can enjoy the wonders of sleeping around and not been commited to one person just yet!
Your young so why not enjoy it while you can!
Well Marc im off and i hope you, Lucas and Michael are ok and living life to the max!
Peace,
Danielle <3333