Anton and I were to go eat Sushi, maybe drink a little Saki and talk about current events down in Ventura tonight quickly scheduled around 10:00 pm. Around 11 we finally meet up after malfunctioning cell phones and disconnections and take a drive.
I pop in a new CD my co-worker Paul gave me and we take off up the winding hilly Laurel Canyon road and take in the sites and sounds. Stopping at a not so official viewing point we look out on vast dark hills. Vague lights and little houses fill our eyes as far as we can see. It's dark, contrasted intensely against the orange sky. An occasional passing vehicle breaks up the silence of crickets. It's peaceful, we feel like we're in the middle of nature to the fullest. But off in the distance are the cities. Small and blurred together in a massive light energy - lights creeping back up the other side of the valley miles and miles into nothing.
And then we drive some more. Eventually - a few songs and curves later - we're at another viewing point. This one over looking the city. Lights, streets, freeways, buildings, studios and even fireworks entertain us this time. This is closely opposite to what we were just witnessing. Far as your eyes can see are lines of moving lights and reaching buildings scattered in some sort of organized chaos. The infrastructure of this crazy place is mind boggling and breath taking at the same time. Orange, white, red everywhere. As beautiful as the last place, just different.
Hopping back in the car, speeding down the hill towards the 101 we slowly merge back into the crazy world we were just watching up on the hill. We are now those little moving anonymous lights getting lost in the big sea of other lights. We re-entered the universe as members of society after being only observers. We ended up in one of the buildings called Twains where they serve hot fresh coffee and the best damn milkshake you can find in LA. We are now back inside this world. And we talked about it...figured it out... figured something out. Eventually we were back here and I'm now on my couch.
So from embracing and being with mother nature, to observing and respecting the power of man kind, to finally re-entering and interacting within the little man made world. It was a fun and interesting experience.
Kudos to Paul (and Landon) of Coffeesquares.com for their first gallery opening tonight. One of many more to come I'm sure and it speaks a lot for these guys. They worked hard to achieve something very cool and that's inspiring. I'm motivated, as I always am in the awareness of Paul to do something different, work a little harder, and strive to be a better and different artist. And I appreciate that, cuz I need that. I give credit to Paul for any success up to this point because that guy pushes me in ways he probably doesn't even know. Congrats on a successful opening.
I believe that's all. I think a comic book is waiting for me.
Peace,
-marc
That sounds sooooo cool i bet it was lol
ReplyDeleteLucky you!
Marc thanks for all the stuff you put on here it is really facinating *gives a thumbs up*!
I truly admire you and your work so thanks for everthing!
peace,
Danielle <333