Sunday, May 21, 2006

Piggly Wiggly: 2nd and Last Day

Today was my second day to work at the Pig. I showed up and a few hours later I quit. Not my type of job. Well ... a job in general is not my type of job but that's beside the point.

Now before you go off thinking Marc made another stupid decision in life I did secure my job back at P-Bread before I quit the P-stink. Here's my thinking: I would be stocking shelves and walking up and down aisle maybe 30 hours a week for 6 bucks an hour. At Panera I'll be working with people somewhat close to my age, working 40 - 60 hours a week, and for a better price. Plus I already know what I'm doing there.

Now I know what you're thinking, if there actually are people who read this that think, you quit that place to pursue photography a long time ago. What happened to that? Well the photography thing worked out. Very well actually and I enjoyed being my own boss and doing whatever I wanted whenever and only working on Saturday afternoons. But the checks just weren't coming in quite as fast as the bills and expenses were going out. So I got a job. But at the wrong place at first and now I can work with cool people at a job that wasn't half bad (i won't be washing dishes anymore, that's for damn sure) and getting back on my feet financially before I move to Cali.

So the story remains the same. I'm still back to work for "the man" and the stories will continue it's just now I'll be in a positive environment with positive people.

I don't know if dropping out of college made it harder or easier to 'live life'. But life is never meant to be easy or hard. It just happens one way or the other and that's what you have roll with.

Have a good week. =)
Peace,
-marc

1 comment:

  1. Oh Marc, I love you. :) Keep on following those dreams. I can't wait to see where they lead you. And by the way, I love those pictures of the little jazz musicians. Miss you kiddo. Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete