Sometimes life just isn't that bad.
Today I woke up with a call from my ex-girlfriend telling me she'll give me $15 to watch her dog for the day. Being a.) the sucker that I am b.) still whipped) or c.) really poor I get in my car and catch the 9 at 9 on KRXO. Driving down Expressway 74 listening to nine songs back to back from 1974 just seems like a perfect ingredient to a good day. After getting the so excited she pee's on herself shit-zu from Jessica's I pass a friendly neighborhood garage sale. I stop and browse around the rather large black woman's front yard for a while listening to her mumble loudly when I find nine or so little musician figurines. My new friend tell's me they're "Black What-Nots" so I bought 'em. You'll see 'em later, don't worry. So still barefoot I get Elle and head to Barnse -n- Noble to pick up a new journal because I finally completed mine last night which is an awesome feeling. Heading back and wheaving in and out of the horrific drivers in my apartment complex I see my new neighbor / old friend getting in his car.
An hour later we're stuffing our faces talking about girls at Big Ed's Hamburger's just up the street. And now, with "Man on the Run" on the radio I'm sitting down to edit the pictures of the "Black What-Nots" from earlier today.
Seems like good days are all around - you just gotta go out and find 'em.
Peace,
-marc
No comments:
Post a Comment