A year ago tomorrow I was the luckiest man in the world. Today, I still hold that title. I took the girl of my dreams and changed her name. I told her, and the world, that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her and only her. A year later, a baby later, a whole helluva lot later, we've made it!
Everyone says the first year is the hardest. And I won't deny that, but I think it's also the best. (Even though I think next year will be better, and the year after that, and after that ... ) :) Stacey and I have gotten closer than anyone I've ever connected with. She is my best friend. She is my rock. She makes me the man I am. She makes me a better person. When I'm weak, she is strong and vise versa.
Stacey also has risen to hold the title "Best Mom In The World". And it's a crazy title to be given by a Blackwell. 5 years ago I was shaving my head, taking pictures of flowers, and sending my mom all sorts of goofy stuff to tell her how much I appreciated her on Mother's Day. 5 years ago I had a mom. Today, I have a mother of my child. The circle of life continues to amaze me. A life is extinguished and another life is lit. Without Stacey, without Zoe, my life and heart would have an empty hole that my mother had always filled with love. Stacey has stepped up, in honor of Marcia, to fill that spot and shower me with unconditional love.
My late mother and my wife would've been besties, I'm convinced. They would've been able to sit around a kitchen table, sipping tea and laughing about all the Blackwell boys. I could go on ... but it's best not to dwell in the past.
Here's to the best wife I have ever had. :) I love you Stacey Nicole Blackwell. You are my best friend.
Here's to the best mom that I know! Zoe and I love everything you do for us, and we will always be trying to show you how much we love you.
Mush!
Peace,
-marc





Such amazing and sweet words. Congrats to your whole family!! Happy Mothers day!! :-)
ReplyDeleteThis post almost made me cry! Such beautiful words. I am happy for you. All 3 of you. :)
ReplyDelete