Monday, April 19, 2010

Werkin' Hard ... Blog?

The gaps between blogs gets longer and longer.  I've seen this before.  I've been here many times.  With so many things in my life.

I get fired up.  I'm excited!  Without setting a goal to do something everyday, because in my 25 years of existence I've already figured out that doesn't work, I silently vow to blog as much as possible.  And it goes great for a couple weeks, maybe even months.  But then a decline becomes apparent.

Why does this happen?  You avid bloggers - how do you do it?  Especially those of you who blog every day.  What inspires you to record life in the form of electronic words and pictures?  What keeps you coming back to post information about your families life to strangers?

Sometimes I don't WANT to tell you what I'm thinking.  Sometimes I don't want to let you know what Zoe is doing.  Sometimes I don't want to show you what we're up to.  I treasure our privacy, and cherish certain moments that just shouldn't be shared with the world.  Sometimes I feel if I blog it will be fake, only to appease those who want constant updated content.  Like I have to make something up like ... uh ... oh I dunno, I did the laundry today.

I will always have this blog.  How often I blog - that's another question.  If you go back through the archives you will see there are spurts of blogging a lot ... and then I'm gone for a couple months.  But I'll always be back.  I'll always allow you a little glimpse into our lives, whether I know you or not. 

Have a good one!
-marc

4 comments:

  1. always is a big word sweetie ;) i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll always love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CookPKickapoo0222:47

    sup Marc, I always wondered why bloggers blogged myself. thought about doing it, but then thought "What's the point?" Ehh keep on keepin on...anywho its been a looooong time. How is Cali? and Life I see you have a Zoe in your life, is the baby Zoe? or a significant other? Have a good one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marc, please don't eat Zoe! ha! Cute pic... love you guys! And I'm right there w/ ya on the blogging... :)

    ReplyDelete