I had the cool opportunity to paint a white shed at my daughter's preschool this week. For those of you who know me, I love to paint and the bigger the better!
This large 40' by 18' storage shed was the original furnishings of our Co-Op, a school ran by the parents of the students. It remained white for 16+ years until I showed up. I'd been begging to paint it all year, but finally had gotten approval to purchase the paints and go at it!
As the art teacher of the school, I wanted to get the kiddos involved and knew just the trick. Let them go at it! They had a blast painting the grass for our mural. They did an awesome job too!
I meant to take more timelapse type photos - and I know a few moms snapped a few pics I'll try to grab those but this whole thing was done in 2 days!
I like it. And everyone else seems to as well, so I'm happy. I could do this all the time! :)
Cheers,
-marc
EDIT** - I think it only fair to show the original artwork, as the people and trees are not my own original creation. I'm not sure who drew this, so if you do - leave a comment letting me know!








No comments:
Post a Comment