Four years ago today I married my best friend. In exactly 365 days I may say "Four years ago I married my best friend" because that sound so good.
Now I titled this blog "Marriage Bliss" but it hasn't always been blissful. And over the past month I've been photographing a lot of weddings, hearing a lot of wedding talk, and spoken to many grooms. The advice I give them is to tough it out. Work it out w/ your partner and become stronger as individuals and couples through each up and each down. In the end - you've made the commitment to spend your lives together - you might as well know what the hell you're doing and make it a lot more enjoyable for everyone. And that takes arguments, compromise, good times and bad times. But it's worth it. To fall asleep next to someone who loves you as much if not more than you love them, every night, is priceless. To create babies with a life partner, and raise those babies together, is what living is all about. To create a family that is your own, to share the awesome times together and experience the difficult - it's what makes life worth living.
I love you Stacey Nicole Blackwell, you are my best friend and I don't know what I would do without you. I don't want to know. Ever. I'll die before you, ok? Wait - no ... Shit, um... Let's just die together. Like you always say... :) Cool?
Love you.
-marc


No comments:
Post a Comment