Being a stay at home dad comes with a lot of responsibility. One of the responsibilities you give up is being the main provider of income. That's hard for a lot of fathers, especially me.
Granted, I've never made a lot of money and have never been the soul provider for our family due to our situation but I know how tough it is. Being a freelancer means I have the opportunity to work whenever I want, or whenever work comes. Not every SAHD is the same way. Some really do have to put in 8 hours a day, at night, after mom comes home and the kids go to bed, just to make it.
Sometimes you have to stop worrying about work, and worry about dinner. Sometimes you have to embrace your role and clean the house. Sometimes you have to accept the fact that all those dad books you read, YOU are the mom, and your wife is the dad.. And it's tough!
Granted, I've never made a lot of money and have never been the soul provider for our family due to our situation but I know how tough it is. Being a freelancer means I have the opportunity to work whenever I want, or whenever work comes. Not every SAHD is the same way. Some really do have to put in 8 hours a day, at night, after mom comes home and the kids go to bed, just to make it.
Sometimes you have to stop worrying about work, and worry about dinner. Sometimes you have to embrace your role and clean the house. Sometimes you have to accept the fact that all those dad books you read, YOU are the mom, and your wife is the dad.. And it's tough!
No comments:
Post a Comment