Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patty's Day

Not gonna lie, I went to a party tonight.  A St. Patty's Day Party.  Several people told me Stacey should win a "Wife Of The Year" award because she's so cool and let's me go out on a whim. 

But the interesting thing was ... going to a party (the first, probably, since Zoe was born, WITHOUT Stacey) ... and telling people "I have an almost 6 month old child at home ... with my wife!"  It's super cool!  A good friend of mine, Brent G. has 2 sons ... around 9 and 11 and they're cool as all get out.  So is Dad.  He's the guy that inspired me to get my tattoo.  He has a tattoo of each of his boys name on each of his wrists.  Anyway - tonight was the first night I've been to a party and someone asks me: "What do you do?" (a very typical LA question) and I responded: "I'm a dad".  Boy how that took people for surprise.  The next question?  "How old are you?"  I love it.  It's fun.  And it opens up opportunities lost by the generic responses people are used to getting.  They see something real.  Love, a father's love and a husbands love.  I and try to explain it to them ...  I doubt most of them understand.  But they listen... at least more than they used to.

I feel old ... but in a good way.  I want to teach this world to love, such as I do.  And whether it's one party at a time - I'm out to conquer the world and let everyone know they don't have to spend their lives in confusion, anger, and pain - they can love and be loved and it's a beautiful thing! 

I love my family.  More than anything else in the world.  When I came home tonight, I couldn't have been happier.  Kissing my wife in bed and kissing my baby in her crib.  It's wonderful.  Much more powerful than passing out wasted drunk not knowing what happened.   Although that was fun too, in it's day.  But now - the meaning of life has changed, and the meaning of life is love ... and I love it. :)

Peace,
-marc

4 comments:

  1. great post marc-o! love you guys and miss you all like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww i love you baby. you're a great man. i am lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous16:51

    This was a beautiful post. I am glad there are people like you out there who can keep others remembering what is most important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and i love hearing people talk about love extremely important & it makes them happy. You have a beautiful family. :)

    ReplyDelete