Today was my mother's birthday. She would've turned 60 years old today. Wow... That's crazy. :)
My mom passed away on August 25th, 2005, almost 6 years ago, from Ovarian Cancer. She was a wonderful wife, a perfect mother, and a beautiful woman. She raised me and my two brothers to be strong, caring and loving gentlemen.
There isn't a day go by that I do not think of my mom. Little Zoe Marcia is a constant reminder of how my mother raised me, and I strive to be just as good a parent as she was to my brothers and I. I often think, as I'm changing yet another diaper, or down on my hands and knees cleaning up another lunch, or when I'm doing other mundane parental tasks, that my mother did this for 3 children! If she could do it - so can I.
Death is a part of life. And it's funny to be reminded of someone's death ... on their birthday. I've said it before and I'll say it again (with tears in my eyes), "With time, it doesn't get any easier, but you do cry a little less".
A crazy connection, Stacey's mother, who is also a beautiful, strong and caring woman, turns 55 today! Our mom's had the same birthday!! Weird, huh?
Enjoy those around you. Especially your parents. Tell them you love them today, because you never know when they'll just randomly be gone.
Peace,
-marc
I'll be thinking of both of your moms today. Thanks for sharing these personal thoughts with us! I love the family photo you chose too!
ReplyDeleteLove. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, thanks for the reminder of a dear, dear friend! She was a remarkable woman, and so many things still remind me of her! She would have dearly loved being grandma to Zoe and I think of that all the time! But God had other plans. God bless you and hope you have a happy and prosperous, healthy New year! Mary Jane
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your mom! And I totally feel you on the last part, definitely important to show how you feel and tell your loved ones how much you love them because life is too short, and you never know when it can be taken.
ReplyDeletegreat post! love you!
ReplyDeleteMarc,I am so thankful for the Man, Husband & Father that you are. This is a wonderful tribute to your Mother. Stan
ReplyDeleteMarc- I'm just browsing your blog and read this post. I think about your mom a lot. Even though we never met face to face in this life, I feel like I know her through you, Blake, and Todd. I look forward to meeting her in heaven someday and thank her for raising such a great family. I am especially going to thank her for teaching Blake to open every door for me. ;)
ReplyDeleteAlso a crazy connection, my dad's birthday is January 10 too!