i know i have an eclectic readership on this blog ranging from relatives to crazy fan girls to clients and friends. it's interesting trying to post to such a wide variety of an audience.
my immediate family loves me. my dad and my brothers love me. sometimes they are concerned about me, sometimes i disappoint them but they always have and always will love me. since the days when my mom made our lunch every single day in our primary schooling days to when my mom passed away and my dad got remarried and his wife showed a true love as well. i know that no matter what happens in this world, in california or anywhere that i have family in the midwestern part of the united states. family that will love me even if everything goes down the tube.
but right now i feel their support and love and that's why i'm chasing my dreams. my dream is to be a real artist. i've always, always loved some form of art in some way. when i was in grade school i would draw in my spelling papers and get in trouble for doodling too much. i finished tests way too fast so i could turn it over and have a blank page to draw on. my favorite class was art class with mrs. fletcher in grade school. i see great influential artists who change the world in positive ways and i aspire to do that too. i aspire to be great, to be a house-hold name when it comes to photography. i want to be an ansel adams. to be an honest good person who's also very talented in his craft.
yes i am a college drop-out. yes i have "lost my faith". but i do have purpose. sometimes it's cloudy, sometimes it gets distracted by the typical day to day 20 something distractions. i'm a 20 something. i can't separate love from lust. (thanks jamie cullum) i don't know if a degree is more important than a portfolio or if friends are worth more than money. i have a solid background with good upbringing ... i'm okay, okay? just because sometimes i spill my beans in an honest way on my blog does not mean i've lost my way. my dad came out to visit me in california and living was easy. it's wasn't like in college where i was hiding things.
i am an artist - with a deep passion for the word. the word means so much in itself that the only way to be cool with it is to have an open mind. i hope that i can help open your mind in some way with my art.
that's all i got.
peace out y'all.
-marc
Yeah Marc you've opened my mind.
ReplyDeleteThanks.
I just have one think to say:
I'm not crazy. ^^
I mean, maybe sometimes.
But i'm not.
Peace.
You are right, your family and a variety of people from your midwestern up bringing love you, and always will. Knowing that obviously gives you security and confidence. Being 20 something, gives you license to blurr love and lust and to be easily distracted, sounds like fun really. You may feel like you have lost your faith...but...faith manifests in more places than church and God. Whatever you believe. Your cool.
ReplyDeleteYeah, lots of variety.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if you know that thanks to that crazy fangirlies you're making something good. Most of the young people is not interested in photography. Probably any of them know how to get a good light, or don't know how to open Photoshop. Most of them just take pictures of themselves making the "peace" sign to look gangsta cause "it's cool"
But that crazy fangirlies you got lately at least look at your photos with interest. And most of them still young. Most of them try to appreciate one of your photos when you upload them or try to make graphics with them cause they consider them "good" They're not critic at all sometimes, cause they haven't learned yet. But it's a first step.
So love your young crazy fangirlies, cause you're teaching them something. They're learning to appreciate art.
Enjoy the life at your 20 something and take licenses to make whatever you want. I'm close, but 18 are heaven.
"So love your young crazy fangirlies, cause you're teaching them something. They're learning to appreciate art."
ReplyDeleteTiman is right.
I love any kind of art.I always apreciated art. Also I studed (I'm still a studant but I'm not in a waldorf school unfortunately) in a "waldorf school" and in these schools art is so much valorized. Music, draw, theatre, paint, etc.
But I never saw a site of photography and since I have seeing your site I'm loving Photography. It is an interesting thing.
Haha my pics are horribles cause I'm still learning about this subject and I still don't have a Photoshop.
Hey if I didn't have registered in lg.org and saw your site I probably don't will know photography (well, maybe not, but this is another history).Thank you very much!
Yes you are an artist. So work on this very hard and one day you will be a very well-known artist.
Don't be afraid of to risk.
Sorry for my english.
"So love your young crazy fangirlies, cause you're teaching them something. They're learning to appreciate art."
ReplyDeleteTiman is right.
I love any kind of art.I always apreciated art. Also I studed (I'm still a studant but not in a waldorf school unfortunately) in a "waldorf school" and in these schools art is so much valorized. Music, draw, theatre, paint, etc.
But I never saw a site of photography and since I have seeing your site I'm loving Photography. It is an interesting thing.
Haha my pics are horribles cause I'm still learning about this subject and I still don't have a Photoshop.
Hey if I didn't have registered in lg.org and saw your site I probably don't will know photography (well, maybe not, but this is another history).Thank you very much!
Yes you are an artist. So work on this very hard and one day you will be an very well-know artist.
Don't be afraid of to risk.
Sorry for my english.
Your right - I do love you. It still feels a little odd when we say it, but I know you mean it and I mean it too.
ReplyDeleteI think I saw Mrs. Fletcher the other day at Dad's retirement party - she hadn't changed a bit.
And keep whatever faith you have left close at hand. Try it out again once in a while. I've had my ups and downs with faith over the past two years, but whenever I take one step closer to God, good seems to happen.
p.s. Have you checked out slide.com? There was a big article in the USAtoday this morning.
Marc - your pictures are so eye opening. I sometimes forget how sheltered Springfield is from the outside world. You are young and need to explore life while you can - but remember who you are and where you come from! Your family at Sunset will always love you. Julia & Ginni
ReplyDeletehi marc,
ReplyDeleteyour blog always motivates me to believe in myself. when i read about others following their dreams, it inspires me to try too. Your photography and art is really good- keep percaviering and one day your dreams will come true.
I've never taken an intrest in photography 'till i stumbled across your website. I've started to apreciate art alot more and I am more alert to all the everyday things around me. You'll have my support, no matter what you choose to do next
hey marc,
ReplyDeletei just wanted to say that your blogs always get to me somehow in someway. this particular blog made me realize that everyday, i am being judged by people who don't even know me. and it's not just me, it's everybody.
you're a great artist and just keep doing what you're doing. i myself love art and spend most of my time doing something 'artsy'. although i'm more into writing stories, drawing, and performing arts, i must say when i saw your photography, it urged me to pick up my mother's camera and experiment with it a little. i mean, i took pictures before, but that was when my mother forced me to take pictures during vacations and special occassions. now i try to take as many unique pictures of different things as possible, just to see if i have any potential whatsoever. my pictures look horrendous compared to yours but hey... still learning.
But yes... you're still young, you're still a twenty something... you've got a long bright future ahead of you, and i'm positive one day, your work will be known far and wide.
That was really beautiful said.
ReplyDeletefamily it's important
sorry about your mother..
Don't stop meet your family often!
Don't stop blogging!
/ rebecca