I found this video on my Facebook page today and it made me slow down ... if at least for 6 and a half minutes.
Whether it really is, or we make it that way, our life as the Cali Blackwells is crazy. With 2 kids under 3, mom working a full time job, me staying at home with the kids and running a small business and EVERYTHING else in between - we feel like we never slow down.
If it's not making dinner before the kids get hangry, or running Z to dance class every friday, juggling preschool activities, fundraisers, and playdates it's taking the dog to the vet or filing our taxes, or cleaning the house.
And sometimes I like it. I feel like I can do anything and everything ... sometimes.
But then sometimes it just all hits ya in the face and you go - whoa ... I need to SLOW down.
Taxes will get filed. Dinner will be made. Business will be had. The other truths that are more important are that our youngest (1 1/2 y/o) is starting to talk. Our 3 year old is a genius and understands every word that comes out of our mouth. They are starting to play together, really love each other, and enjoy each others company. We have two beautiful children in our home that won't always be here. That's the important stuff.
Not money. Not material things we want. Not even getting a second car (but boy how that would be nice!)
Family is love. Family is taking the time to show that love. Everything else falls in place if you show an abundance of love.
I used to tell my mom, "Mom, all you need is love". She would argue, "Yes, but love doesn't pay the bills." I will still and continue to happily disagree with her on this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment