It's funny, I'm a stay at home dad 100%. And as the months pass into years, I'm becoming a damn good one.
I am a "Laundry Master". I can make a mean chicken broccoli macaroni and cheese. Poopey diapers are changed within seconds. Dirty dishes and spilled milk don't last very long in my house. Preschool drop offs are scheduled between emergency baths and breakfasts are no problem. Auditions, play dates, snacks and kissing booboos are all routine in my day. I can hold my weight with any stay at home mom.
All this while juggling a small business, friends, the wifey and keeping up with my shows. LOL, see? I hafta keep up with my soaps!
Lately the phrase "it's a thankless job" has been running through my head. And while I'm cleaning poop off a crib, no one is saying thank you. While I'm washing peed sheets (AGAIN!), or picking cheerios out of the rug I don't get verbal thank yous. But the hugs, giggles, and happiness of my girls make it all worth it. I guess all this to say that I love it. I love being a stay at home dad and wouldn't change it for the world. I love looking into my girls eyes, smiling, and automatically getting a smile back.
I know this time will not last forever. I'll blink and my girls will be in grade school, or getting married and I'll be lonely and old at the house by myself. So for now I'm soakin' it in.
Cheers,
-marc

No comments:
Post a Comment