Tuesday, May 03, 2011

New Home

This past weekend Stacey and I took the plunge and dove into our very own new house! Bored? Get married, have a kid, make another one, move to the San Fernando Valley during the beginning of summer and ... move!

I had forgotten how hard it was to hang curtains.

I'm sitting here, just setting up the ole computer and adjusting to the new smells, sounds and weird little ins and outs of an older home. I love this place. Stacey loves this place. Zoe loves this place! (random, did you know it's only 1 space in between a period and a new sentence? Trying to re-learn how to type at the moment...) We feel very inspired in this place. While the garage/studio won't work as a photography studio, it's a perfect painting studio. There's an old 1954 Ford somethin' or other, a car I suspect was owned by the woman, grandma, of the man we rent from. Pretty cool!

Stacey is doing well, fyi. What a trooper any woman is who carries another human being for 9 months inside their stomach. Um, we are weird creatures, ones capable of reproducing ourselves ... and the process, to witness again, second hand, is amazing.

Are computers making us ADD? Double spacing between sentences on Twitter wastes like 3-4 characters a tweet...and that's just unacceptable.

I want to promise to blog more, to vlog more, to post more iPhone photos to my tumblr, which shares to my personal twitter and facebook. I want to swear to post every single photoshoot that comes through Blackwell Photography's doors... but man, sometime life gets in the way. I think that's a good sign. If you can focus on building a home, instead of searching for gigs like a desperate rat searching for stale cheese, you're ok. Let the gigs come to you, I say. They will, if you put the work in!

I'm trying to post photos to this blog post, but unfortunately iPhoto does not have a "Post to Blogger" option, and e-mailing, downloading, uploading, and resizing tonight doesn't sound up my alley. Plus, I think Stacey would kill me if I posted a preggo photo of her without permision. She gently sleeps, building our second child, in the room next to me. In our house. Very surreal.

Today, Stacey almost made me get in an accident while driving. Her mother had surgery yesterday to remove some cancer her doctors found. All too close to home, but her mom is totally fine and chillaxin' in the hospital room just waitin' to go home, cancer free. But to hear Stace call her mom, tell her she loved her, and let Zoe say "HIIIIIII!!!!" from the backseat was enough to remind me of the unfortunate fact that I can never do that. How excited my mom would be for me to be a husband and a father of soon to be 2, to be shooting photos & music videos for a living, to be mingling with movie stars, and all the other positive aspects of my life. All I can say, looking at my life, and how blessed me and my family are, is all due largely in part to the upraising my mother sacrificed for my well being. My pops was right there too, 50/50, raising us boys to be men, and respect our wives and obey the law, and to be righteous, upstanding gentlemen in today's society. I live each day, every moment, focusing the same love, discipline, and respect towards my family and hope in the future they too will see a beautiful side of life, happiness and prosperity in this cruel, upsetting, and unnatural world.

Ok, perhaps I haven't said enough. I never will. I can write for days and no one may ever read it. That'd be OK with me. Perhaps I've said too much, without saying anything at all.

Cheers,
-marc

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting! :) Your mom would be thrilled with you as a family man and professional.

    ReplyDelete