Friday, March 11, 2011
Zoe in a beautiful field
Today it seems trivial to post about anything. How lucky are we to be able to frolic around a field and be safe and sound?
In wake of the Japanese earthquake, it's a sad and emotional day. It's a chance to realize that life is fragile. This earth we live on is fragile. At any second, the ground can open up and swallow hundreds of thousands of people. In the blink of an eye massive amounts of water could wipe everything away.
It makes you wonder what you've done that's intangible... That if my life, my apartment, my "things" got swallowed up in an earthquake (very possible in Southern California) what would my life leave behind? If the internet survived, you could see my body of work and these videos. I hope that at least that would "leave behind" a somewhat lasting image to value love, family, art and beauty.
I could go on, but like I started, it all seems kind of trivial. While other videos emerge on YouTube of shaky ground and terrified people, perhaps this little video can remind people there is love, beauty and wonderful moments in the world that need appreciation. Don't forget to tell those you love you love 'em.
Cheers,
-marc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think your blog is very timely, there are many things that shows the awesomeness of the higher power, from tsunamis, earthquakes, beautiful flowering trees, spring in general, and even more; beautiful, fabulous and active little girls. Yours is growing so fast, I'm sure you have worn out at least one pair of tennis shoes by now running after her. Enjoy the run, and oh yeah, we love you and your family. Always, The Fosters
ReplyDeletePS When are you going to come back to your hometown so that we can meet your two favorite girls?
Enjoy everything while we have it!
ReplyDeleteHey! Thank you for commeting on my blog! Without wanting to start a back and forth between you and I, I wanted to let you know that I responded to your comment.
ReplyDelete