It's been some time since I've written a blog. There's been many a times I've clicked on "New Post" and written something but never published it. Perhaps this will be one of those times ... if you're reading it, I suppose not.
I'm back in Springfield, MO ... the birth place of me and my brothers. It's the Holidays which have become very interesting times in my life. Here I am at a Panera Bread not far from the house I grew up in and so many thoughts are running through my head. Here's a few of 'em...
The fat lady today, driving a mini van, smoking a cigarette and talking on her cell phone today flipped me off after I tapped my brakes at her because she was too close. It made me laugh and love Springfield even more.
I used to have a blog called "Diary of Disciple" back in the old days. I printed some posts off and put 'em in a journal that I found the other night. I can't believe how I thought, how I wrote and what I said. WOW. It was amazing. Now I don't even want to go to church tomorrow morning. How I've changed... It also made me realize how silly things are sometimes. Things that I wrote about, things that I worried about. It made me realize that even what I'm writing right now will seem trivial in a few years. Still trying to comprehend that...
We went to go see my Uncle Don yesterday at a Assisted Living Center in Sullivan, MO. It's always a trip to see him and yesterday was no exception. Life is simple for some and it's nice to be brought back to that.
I went to visit my mother's grave site for the first time a few hours ago. So many thoughts and memories and emotions went through my head and heart and soul. It was hard to focus on anything. I didn't know what to do, how to think, how long to stay or anything ... it was a good experience, one I'm finally glad I got around to. Even through death my mother is still teaching me things.
I have a girlfriend. Her name is Stacey. I like her. =)
I feel like there's more ... I'm sitting in this familiar booth with a cup of coffee just staring at the screen wanting to ... I dunno. I don't even know who reads this anymore so I don't know my audience. How open do I be? How much do I express? What can I say without having family members write me and quote scripture? Where is the balance between truth and entertaining words?
We'll see. I guess I'll go ahead and hit publish and see what happens.
2008 is the year of the portrait.
Peace,
-marc
you still got it marc.
ReplyDelete=)
i wish you a peaceful christmas.
x
have a great christmas marc- glad to see your home, having fun! XD
ReplyDeletexxx
say what you say, feel what you feel, do what you do.. as long as it's real ;)
ReplyDeleteyou got it!! your amazing.
Hope you had a merry Christmas, Marc.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you have a girlfriend. Yay you!
I understand with visiting your mom's grave. My grandma died in February of this year and I've only been to her grave a total of three times. I have to fight not to burst into tears each time. So I feel you and if you need to talk, I'm here for ya.
You just tell us whatever you feel like talking about! We love you and will be open to give you feedback and advice at any point in time, on any given subject. Well, I will anyway.
See ya Marc.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Woot.
-kelsi
no i am not going to quote you scripture (but you should go to church).....
ReplyDeleteok now that i have made you mad i think it is hilarious that springfield drivers actually know how to flip someone off. i didn't learn that until i left springfield....
why are the holidays "interesting times"??? i'm curious.
when i go visit our mother's grave i don't do anything. i stand....i stare...sometimes i cry...and usually good memories come back, which puts away the bad memories (temporarily). i try to visit her every time i come back to springfield.
p.s. remember that great pic you took from oklahoma where the sun was shining through the only whole in the sky not covered by clouds while you were at a stoplight? love that pic. send it to me if you get a chance.